14 November 2009

Featured Seller: Kendra Renee


Today's featured seller is Kendra of Kendra Renee Jewelry Design on Etsy.
 My name is Kendra Lawrence and my business is called Kendra Renee Jewelry Design. I think of myself as an artist, jeweler, and businesswoman. You could say I am completely obsessed with jewelry. I have always loved jewelry, and have made my own as long as I can remember. About two years ago I was introduced to metalsmithing and knew that I had found my passion. I can play with metal all day, every day and never become bored. I delight in creation and the physical realization of an idea. I just can’t seem to get enough.



I started selling on etsy about a year ago, although I joined long before. Etsy is an amazing tool, and I am so grateful to its creators and administrators. They make it possible for so many artists, myself included, to do what they love. I am learning new things from the online craft community every day, and this helps to fuel my excitement and inspiration.
When I am designing, I think about how my work will interact with the body. I try to incorporate motion into all my pieces, so that they move with the wearer. I develop contrast between textures, colors, and shapes within each piece to maximize their dramatic impact. I am not afraid of asymmetry! I find myself taking inspiration from mechanical objects as well as natural phenomenon.
Each piece is completely handcrafted. I begin the process with flat sheets of metal and wire, and carefully shape, forge, and solder each component of the design. I strive to make works of the highest quality that enhance the personality of the wearer. I am kind of a shy person, and so for me, wearing my own bold creations is the way I express my inner strength and creativity to the world. My hope is that others can see this in my work and feel it when they wear my pieces.
Links:
Facebook Fan page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kendra-Renee-Jewelry-Design/89092182689?ref=ts
Twitter: http://twitter.com/kendrareneejd
Etsy: www.KendraRenee.etsy.com
Personal Website: www.KendraReneeJewelry.com

No comments: